Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Quick, funny story about one of the grandkids :)

Meet Haedon! He is 2 yrs old (will be 3 in December)

A couple of weeks ago Donnie (Haedon's dad), Heather and I went to Bear Lake to sing in my parents' ward. They were speaking about preparing and getting to the temple. Heather's kids all stayed home with their dad and Haedon's brothers stayed with Katie cause they had to practice for their Primary program - so Haedon was feeling pretty big and having a ball with us.
My sister, Susan, and her hubby were there and my aunt and uncle and we all had dinner at Granny & Grampa Toomer's after church.
Haedon was busily, happily visiting and entertaining all the adults as only a 2 yr. old can. He was sooooooooooo funny! My sister tried to explain to him that I was her sister and he kept indignantly declaring _ "No! - dat's my Dramma!" Of course she couldn't resist and then tried to tell him that Grampa Toomer was her daddy and my daddy- at which he again indignantly insisted _ "No!- he's Drampa!" It was hilarious- the more she tried to explain family relationships to him (that she was his daddy's aunt, etc.) the more indignant and insistent he became. He has such an expressive face and voice- we were all in stitches.

Then, when I told him I wanted to take his picture with Grampa Toomer he jumped up in Grampa's lap. After the picture he jumped down and came to look at the camera- then ran and jumped back in Grampa's lap saying "again!" for another picture- 5 times! It was great fun for all of us.

'Course I just have to tell about his declaration during the prayer in Sacrament Meeting.... he was kind of kicking the bench in front of us and I grabbed his feet- then Donnie picked him up and sat him on his lap. At this point Haedon declared loudly- "I'm Gonna poop on you"- (hee hee) I had taken him potty before the meeting but he didn't do anything, so Donnie "subtly" took him out and took him to the potty where he took care of business!

Everyone should have a "Haedon" in their life! We are so blessed! All 26 of our grandkids are uniquely wonderful and I can't imagine life without them! Sooooo- as time goes by I will be sharing many, many fun memories about these delightful little people and hopefully those of you who read my blog will be entertained, inspired, and moved!

Posted with love and gratitude, Roxanne





5 comments:

Jennifer B said...

That is too funny. I love the things that kids say. (Though let's be honest it always seems funnier when it is other kids besides my own saying it, at least in the moment.)

Heather said...

Cute, that was a way fun day!!

I love "euest" the mostest! Ha, I even used it in a sentence!!

Katie said...

I can't believe that I'm just finding out about this. Donnie didn't say anything that day other then it was long with Haedon. That is so funny, Haedon is the wild child.

Heather said...

mom, I tagged you over on my blog, its a cute one, check it out!

Am I a "wirdian"?

steph said...

soooo cute! What a darling! (a friend of mine didn't believe their daughter was going to go poo... when she was time out... and sure enough she pee'ed on the seat and then pooped right next to the time out stool. They won't call her bluff next time!) He sounds like a fun handful!