Saturday, October 29, 2011

This Doesn't Happen Every Day!

Okay- so I just had to post these pictures of my pantry.  Usually it is a jumble of "stuff".... Jim sometimes uses it as his bullet/knife/gun cleaning stuff storage...  when I find that kind of thing in there I take it out and put it in his "gun room"-  then, I am notorious for just shoving food in wherever I can fit it...  then I let the kids and Brooke just rifle through at their whim... anyway  ((sigh))- last week we discovered one of Jim's water jugs (he has tucked/stored them all over the house and garage) had been smooshed and cracked and had leaked... probably slowly over a period of time.  So there was waterlogged boxes and well, just a mess.  I ended up spending several days pulling out everything, cleaning up and salvaging what I could.  I washed the shelves and walls and floor with a water/bleach solution and then reorganized.  These pictures are the result and a strict vow to keep it this way- rotate food, treat it like a good little pantry and strict orders to Jim reminding him this is NOT where bullets/knives/gun stuff go! Ha Ha!  



posted by a tired, but kinda "pleased with my work" gramma!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Looks great!! I love doing stuff like that I should figure out someway to start a business cleaning and organizing.

Jennifer B said...

I love when my pantry is organized. It just makes things so much easier. Good job.

PS-When you figure out how to keep all the gun/hunting/fishing/camping stuff in one place please share. =)