Saturday, September 13, 2008

A "Hairy" Tale

Quite often I decide to do "something" with my hair- y'know- keep life interesting in little ways. I've been several shades of blonde-goldish-ashish-dark-bright-you name it- over that past several years. I usually go to Master Cuts where you can just walk in. The last time I really liked my hair was in Feb 2007- had it done at Pocatello Beauty School - haven't had same result since (see picture of Scooter & me). Several months later, I had it "trimmed" and highlighted at Penny's - DISASTER! They cut it way too short and the color turned out orange- not exactly what I was aiming for- it lightened up as it grew out thank heaven!
So-anyway- the end of May I had it done (at Master Cuts) and in order to even out the color the gal darkened it and then added hi-lights- it turned out darker than I've worn for a long time and at first I hated it! But then it kinda grew on me (ha ha-no pun intended!) and I decided that I liked it darker. Once again as it grew out it lightened up a bit but I still liked it- it looked more natural-Now- fast forward to a couple of days ago- I go into Master Cuts and tell them I want my hair done same as last time- maybe just a "bit" lighter- to keep the general shade I had but to freshen up the hi-lights- as is usually the case there, the gal that did it last time is gone but they supposedly have a card with all the info- so a different person does my hair. I am totally relaxed, enjoying my hair being done and visiting with this gal (she has an autistic daughter so we had a lot to chat about)- feeling pretty fine- then off comes the foil- I get shampooed & conditioned- get back to chair- off comes the towel- and !VOILLA!- I am blonde! Not just a "bit" lighter- not just light hi-lights- but really, really blonde! So-here it is- me with really blonde hair-

I'd really like some feedback- Do I keep it? or- as soon as I can- without frying my hair- do I go back to the darker look?

Can't wait to hear from some of you!

4 comments:

steph said...

You always look stunning and gorgeous!! I love it! I also love your hair darker! Enjoy being a 'hot blond' for a while :)! When it starts to grow out.... get lighter... then you can decide what look to go with next.

I currently am looking at 'updating my own highlights'. Have u ever done it yourself? I got a honey blond..AND even auburn... I thought a little red highlights might be fun!

The greatest part is... we can keep changing it as long as it grows... so keep it blond... until it really needs the 'update'. You look beautiful BLOND!

Heather said...

I like it, I know I've always said I like it on the darker side, but (at least what I can see in pics) I like this color. It brightens things up a lot! You're always beautiful to me!! Love you~~~~~Me

Heather said...

so....I just noticed you have on "the shirt" in three of these pictures! ha ha ha

Katie said...

You look good. I think everyone else has given you great advice. I would just wait and see if you want to do anything different in awhile.