Sunday, January 17, 2010

A New Year - A New Decade!

So- 2009 has come and gone and what a year it was! Probably the most significant event of the year was my Gramma Clark turning 100 on the 4th of September. Still going strong - although her mind wanders a bit, she is basically healthy and very happy. As I've said so often before- she is and always has been my hero- the "wind beneath my wings". I've been so blessed to have her as my Gramma- her strength, her love, her guidance- her kind, patient assurance has been an anchor throughout my life. I love her so much.


Here she is on her birthday with my other hero, my beautiful daughter, Heather.

We also had a couple more baptisms-(that makes 8 out of 27 grandkids)- Alex (our oldest granddaughter) was chosen to participate in the National Special Olympics this coming July- some of our kids faced the upheaval of job changes- and we topped the year off by adding a new grandbaby on the 9th of December! Tabitha Grace Witt joined her family of Dad (Jon), Mom (Katrina) and 4 brothers (Sam, Jacob, Ben and Aaron)- it will be interesting to watch her grow! It' so fun watching them all grow!










This is Tabitha- isn't she a beauty?








My mom struggled a lot this past year with her health. It has been scary for her and for all of us who love her so much. Here's hoping 2010 will bring her strength, health and all the joy she so deserves at this stage and age of her life. (Love you Mom!)



I would say this year has also been one of spiritual growth for me. I have learned to appreciate so much the many, many blessings in my life. I have pondered, studied and gained a new perspective on my own purpose and mission here in this life. (I have a lot of work to do there)

Although I struggle accepting or coming to terms with my age- (that number REALLY doesn't compute)- I am thoroughly enjoying this stage of life called gramma. I can't even imagine what life would be without my grandchildren. Getting to know them each- their own personalities and quirks- is a joyous journey which I hope to last many, many more years!

So- come on 2010! Come on new decade! Let's play and laugh and work and live this wonderful, wonderful life!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Are you sure that was the best picture from Grandma's Birthday? ;) ;) OH well.....ha ha! I love you mom, more than you will ever comprehend!

steph said...

What a great attitude about the new year! You're inspiring me! I love and miss you! PS... I keep telling myself to get my blog updated and I will early this year :)!

Jen said...

@Heather- the picture is perfect. You are beautiful!!

San San- I love this post. You are such a inspiration! Love you!

Jennifer B said...

What a great attitude. Thanks for helping us all to look on the bright side. =)