Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Anniversary-Sharing of Love and Moments

Yesterday was Jim and my 8th anniversary! We have been together for such a short time of our lives, yet it seems we have known each other forever. I do believe our spirits have been connected for a very long time-perhaps long before we actually met . I believe some guardian angel brought us together-knowing we could fill each other's hearts and lives.

Anyway- How did we celebrate? Well- this sweet man took me and my (our) daughter Brooke Anne out to dinner! We pretty much share all our holidays with Brooke, and at least for the past 3 years, it has been a tradition to take her out with us to celebrate our anniversary.

Although some may think it is odd that we don't go out by ourselves, it seems particularly fitting-completely right for us to do this. Brooke connected, bonded with Jim right from the start. He was very patient and let her get to know him in her own way and time. I remember we were at Chicago Connection (one of her favorite restaurants) and at first she was a little shy, but within minutes she reached across the table and patted his hand and from that moment on she has trusted him and grown to love him very much.

Being autistic, Brooke is rather selective about whom she bonds with. I have been very blessed - she has been very blessed- to have Jim as the man in our lives. She loves her "Ji-Ji" as she calls him and so do I! He has been there to help with her and to spend time with her and has even filled in for me when I couldn't make a doctor or dentist appointment. He has picked her up and taken her back to the home she lives in on his own and when we've had her home with us he spends time with her, he takes her out for walks, and he genuinely enjoys her as I do!

So today and yesterday- as I reflected on our anniversary- I was filled with much gratitude for all Jim is and all he does- and especially for his loving acceptance of Brooke Anne. I have never for a moment felt anything but his love for her and for me! And although she may not be able to verbalize it- I know that Brooke Anne feels the same.

I love you my darling husband- and I thank you! Posted from my heart to his!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Awww...I need a tissue. Really, what a sweet post! Love you, and Love Jim, and Love Brooke!